An easy and wonderful way to start the weekend is with a quick meditation. Remember, the way in which you start your day is how the rest of the day will naturally flow. Wouldn’t it make sense to start the day clean and relaxed, instead of stressed and in a hurry? We shower each day to get the sweat off our bodies, why wouldn’t we meditate and get quiet each day to wash the stress off?
Here is a simple and effective tool to get your weekend started right!
1. Close your eyes
2. Pay attention to how you are naturally breathing.
3. Ask yourself, “Is my breathing short and shallow or long and deep?” and just notice what you notice. Do this for 30 seconds.
4. Begin deep breathing – in through the nose, expanding at the navel; out through the mouth making the “HAAAAA” sound and contracting at the navel. Your belly button should move away from your spine on the inhale and fall back toward the spine on the exhale.
5. Make sure the exhale is longer than the inhale. The exhale is where relaxation happens.
6. Count in for “3” and out for “6”
7. Take 4 deep “counted” breaths, then relax and be quite for as long as you need.
8. Then, identify at least 3 things you are Grateful for. Repeat 3 times, “I am Grateful For….” and let the ending come naturally.
9. When you are finished intend to open your eyes feeling calm and refreshed – then begin an Awesome Day!